Short video demonstrating the stages of creating a random world. After creating a random fractal heightmap, temperature bands are generated, wind and rain is simulated (including realistic "rain shadows" caused by mountains) and rivers flow.
Rendered Final Map
Wind and Rain Simulation
- New, unique, random terrain every time!
- Realistic wind and rain simulation
- Detailed temperature bands
- Detects contiguity of terrain bodies
- Tweaked for optimum terrain variance, for balanced game play.
- Supports maps of up to 2048 by 2048
- Exports data to PNG
- Exports data to simple binary format
- Actually fairly fast now
For windows, but works on Linux with wine.
Latest downloads can be found here.
- "Jesus Hussein Octavius Batman Christ, that's excellent. Thanks so much for this, will probably come in very, very handy in my upcoming project. :)" - Hebejebelus via Reddit
- "This is great! I can see the DF influence. Can't wait to see what it evolves into" - Mog via SoCoder
- "This is very cool. Great job! Thanks for making a great tool." - No7Pencil via YouTube
- "Serious coolness!" - crom via students.washington.edu
You can also contact me directly - I make an effort to reply to every e-mail.