Development version (unreleased)
- New "profile" PNG export - screenshot.
- Imrpoved heightmap generation method
- New wind & rain simulation model
- New terrain classification rules
- Exposed terrain roughness option in GUI
- Elevations above maximum are now scaled to fit, rather than clamped.
- Temperature band generation improved (better band shapes).
- Now correctly frees parsed configuration files from memory
- Lowered the maximum world size back to 2048.
- Relaxed world map rejection criteria
- (re-)added solid-shaded PNG export, "terrains.png", for terrain types.
- See "docs/Reading exported PNG data.txt" for colour information.
- Released under GNU GPL v3 license.
- New front-end.
- Worlds can now be as large as 4096x4096.
- Exported binary data is arranged for better potential compression.
- Pre-compresses exported binary data using a difference filter.
- Compresses exported binary data using SR3a.
- Lots of world-gen tweaks.
- World-gen can now export data (as .bin and .png).
- Video, screenshots, discussion and downloads available.
- Initial release, screenshots at SoCoder.
You can also contact me directly - I make an effort to reply to every e-mail.